The SP-1 is an evolution of the ARL GT-R (previously the Spire GT-R). A lightweight powertrain is paired with a wind tunnel honed, downforce generating body to create an extreme road car which is mighty on the track. High performance is reflected in our racing history, the GT-R winning many races and holding various hill climb records.
ARL manufactures lightweight, fully triangulated steel space frame chassis in the UK. The integral roll hoop and high sides result in an extremely high quality and stiff chassis, and offer enhanced protection for the passenger compartment. Cutting edge design and analysis software is used extensively, alongside real world testing, to refine the chassis design to meet the needs of a downforce generating track car.
The bodywork has been optimised in the wind tunnel to eliminate lift, whilst minimising drag, resulting in a car that inspires confidence at any speed.
The SP-1 and GT-R models are being constantly evolved through competition and testing, with evolution continuing as we further optimise both the mechanical and aerodynamic side of the vehicle. We will share our developments on both the website and our Facebook page (Aardvark Racing Ltd).
- Performance: Top speed 120 to 150mph depending on final drive ratio and engine used
- 0-60 mph 3.5 seconds for CBR1000RR engined car
- Weight: 460 to 600kg depending on engine and overall specification
- Chassis structure: Steel spaceframe structure with integral roll hoop, structural aluminium side panels and floor
- Bodywork: 5 piece Glass Fibre reinforced plastic body, with optional rear wing or Gurney flap
- Engine: Motorbike engined options with integral 6 speed sequential gearbox (CBR1000RR is our recommended engine providing circa 198bhp at the flywheel/ 170bhp at wheels). Other engine options are available.
- Transmission: 6 speed sequential gearbox for bike engine cars with either paddle or stick shift. 5 or 6 speed Transaxle for Audi engines (GT-R only)
- Brakes: Front – drilled and grooved disks with 4 pot aluminium calipers, Rear – drilled and grooved disks with single pot handbrake caliper, brake bias adjustable for balance front to rear
- Suspension: Double wishbones with fully adjustable geometry, aluminium dampers with spherical bearings front and rear, adjustable Anti Roll Bars front and rear
- Overall size: Length 3.7m, Width 1.6m